Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

4D2N in Hat Yai

Before I start anything about my Thailand trip, I'm going to say that packaged tour is definitely not for me... To be sitting in a coach filled with other strangers throughout the trip was quite a terrible experience for me.. Furthermore, our tour leader and Thailand tour guide were not up to standard... making the trip even more chaotic.. The only good thing about this trip is that this is the first time going overseas with my family members..

Read about the coach package here!
Accommodation
We stayed in Asian Hotel in Hat Yai for 2 nights. Breakfast buffet is available.The rooms looked rather old and the two elevators were small-sized. Hair dryer can be requested. Overall still acceptable for a night's rest. Wifi is available; get the ID and password from the operator. Air conditioning is not adjustable. My room was carpeted and my mother's room was not.
The only issue I have with the hotel is they requested my mother who was staying with my brother and little sister to go back up to their room (we were already assembled in the lobby) to pull the beds apart. Not sure if this is the protocol for hotels, but it just seems weird to me that your housekeeping team is unable to pull apart the beds; even if we were not supposed to join them together in the first place.

Places of interest
We went to some temple along the road...


Then we went to Magic Eye; Thailand's version of Trickeye. You need to take off your shoes at the entrance before heading in! Costs 300baht for adults and 200baht for children. This was quite fun, but that might be due to my family going in inside first before anyone else and we had the whole place to ourselves at first! :D


Forgot to take a photo of the stall! This chicken is the best chicken I have eaten! It's within walking distance from Asian Hotel, near to where MacDonald is located. It's a stall located along the street!
Finger licking good!

The next day, we went to another temple up a hill..



And then we went to an ice dome improperly attired! Our legs went freezing!


We also went to the floating market, but it was pouring when we went there T.T no photos and no boats selling stuffs..

Lastly, let's look at the awesome coconut ice creams I had in Hat Yai!
Coconut and yam ice cream with bread, peanuts, sweet potato bits, attap chee and glutinous rice!

Coconut ice cream with real coconut pieces, bread, peanuts, sweet potato bits, attap chee and glutinous rice!

That's all about my Thailand trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am happy to answer any queries relating to my post