Search This Blog

Friday, November 13, 2015

Asiana Airlines to Korea - A Review

Our first time flying on Asiana Airlines!

Our flight timings were:
Singapore to Seoul: 1.30am to 9.05am
Seoul to Singapore: 4.10pm to 9.30pm

Flight cost: S$754. Includes meals, 20kg check-in luggage and 10kg carry-on luggage. No additional luggage weight purchase available.

Review:
For our night flight to Seoul, the tv screen doesn't work; mostly likely since most passengers should be sleeping during the flight. Otherwise, everything else was fine.

Breakfast in-flight: omelet. Taste rubbery and too chewy to taste like egg. Hash-brown has become soggy. Bread was tough. Since I am not too hungry anyways, I just finished the fruits and Meiji yogurt (I like this yogurt!!). The other choice of breakfast is some food with rice...



For our return flight, the carrier in-flight entertainment are working! I watched 2 movies! Maleficent and Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation! Also, I listened to their playlist; they have quite a number of albums, but don't have Taylor Swift's album though! >.<

Snacks were provided and the stewardess comes around frequently to serve drinks. For dinner, we can choose between bibimbap or pork (I think) with rice. We all chose bibimbap. It was quite a big portion and tastes much better than our omelet breakfast. *Currently the photo is with my friend, once I get the photo of the bibimbap, I shall upload the picture*

The only annoying thing we faced was when we were boarding our flight back to Singapore. Since there were a lot of people queuing to enter the flight from Incheon at first, we just sat around at the boarding area to wait for the queue to shorten. When we board the plane and reached our seats, there were 2 Korean sitting at our seats. Wow~ So we were like blocking the walkway while we get the lady behind us to translate English to Korean and Korean to English for us to communicate to the 2 Koreans. Furthermore, we were carrying backpacks and plastic bags etc. so it is very difficult for us to maneuver in the small walkway.

Apparently, one of them wanted to sit closer to his wife who is sitting a row behind us. Thanks for not asking before sitting on our seats and making us block the way. We explained that there were 4 of us that's why we chose a row to sit in. So, he finally went back to his seat. The other Korean lady was still sitting there. For her, she was supposed to sit in the row behind us. I think sometime during this shit, a stewardess came. But all she really cared about is us not to block the walkway. Oh well, it is not as if we wanted to stand there with our backpacks and all and watch others sit in our seats. Whatever, at least we managed to sit. I need to add in that I have already selected the seats when I booked for my flight few months back.

Overall:
This flight is worthwhile if you catch their promo. Furthermore, it is a direct flight from Singapore to Seoul. But if you need more than 20kg of check-in luggage, this airlines will not be suitable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am happy to answer any queries relating to my post